Solar Energy Technology
Associate of Applied Science Degree - First 2 Semesters Available Online
The Solar Energy Technology degree program at Ecotech Institute prepares graduates for renewable energy jobs that are in high demand and gives them a solid foundation in fundamentals of solar energy technology.
What can you learn in this degree program?
Our degree program trains students to install, operate and repair solar systems. Solar courses also include skill development in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing photovoltaic equipment, including how to perform maintenance, repair, or replace solar panel parts to correct problems.
Upon successful completion of Ecotech Institute’s Solar Energy Technology degree program, graduates should also be able to perform diagnostic analysis, demonstrate an understanding of solar energy industry standards and apply safety principles.
This program also prepares students to take the NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioner) certification exam. This certification is the industry standard for entry-level employees to demonstrate they have a basic level of competency for designing and troubleshooting photovoltaic systems
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Health and Safety in the Field
- AC Circuitry
- Renewable Energy Fundamentals
- Wiring, Schematics, and Blueprints
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Programmable Logic Controls
- Electric Motors and Control Systems
- Business Concepts for Renewable Energy
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Photovoltaic Installation and Repair
- Solar Energy Technologies
- Introduction to Solar Thermal
- Solar Thermal Installation and Repair
I will be working soon for a company in which I know I have chances to grow and go to places and make a difference.
What are the opportunities for solar energy employment?
A variety of jobs in solar energy are available for those who are trained and have a passion for working in renewable energy.
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.