Power Utility Technician Diploma
Renewable Energy Training Diploma Program – Prepare For A Power Utility Career In As Little As Nine Months
Work in an industry that powers the world. As a power utility technician, you will be able to take your skills into a variety of settings including power plants, power lines, individual structure power generation and other places where electricity is generated and distributed. This program has an emphasis on sustainability and is designed to prepare you to work in modern power generation settings where renewable and sustainable power solutions are welcomed.
What Can You Learn In Our Power Utility Technician Diploma Program?
Whether on a conventional grid or smart grid, the energy world is getting greener, so those with training in clean energy are positioned for the future. In the meantime, controlling and maintaining the systems that generate and distribute electric power as a power plant operator or lineworker requires specialized training.
We worked with employers and other experts in the field to develop a training program that prepares graduates to work in utility technician careers, with an emphasis on power plant operations and maintenance. While learning the fundamentals of electricity and clean energy generation, students receive immersive, hands-on training that helps them understand electric utility distribution systems, grid and smart grid.
Students learn clean energy and power utility fundamentals in Ecotech Institute’s modern laboratories and facilities from instructors who have real-world experience.
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Health and Safety in the Field
- AC Circuitry
- Industrial Wiring
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Technical Mathematics for Energy Technology
- Transmission, Distribution, and Smart Grid
- Power Generating Systems
- Power Plant Operations and Maintenance
Professionalism, efficiency, competency, ownership and maturity. These values were highlighted and nurtured into my professional attitude.
Lineworker, Power Plant Operator and More Utility Careers
Due to employment trends in the power utility industry, there’s an opportunity for skilled and motivated workers for the decades ahead. Upon successful completion of the Power Utility Technician diploma program at Ecotech Institute, graduates should be able to apply the fundamentals of power generation to operate and maintain power plants.
Additionally, graduates will be able to apply their knowledge of high voltage systems to maintain and operate grid infrastructure, smart grids and distribution systems, as well as apply the fundamentals of electrical theory to design, build, repair and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls and machinery. The Power Utility Technician training program also prepares graduates to apply safety principles and meet industry standards within the electrical engineering, power production and distribution fields.
Power Utility Technician Job Duties
- Apply the fundamentals of power generation in the operation and maintenance of power plants
- Maintain and operate grid infrastructure, smart grids and distribution systems
- Design, build, repair, calibrate and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls and machinery
- Apply safety principles
- Perform other duties as required by your employer
Power Utility Technician Job Titles
- Power Plant Operator
- Systems Operator
- Hydroelectric Station Operator
- Turbine Operator
Helping You Find Power Utility Technician Jobs
Ecotech Institute’s Career Development team has assisted graduates in finding renewable energy jobs with over 200 companies across the United States. As soon as you begin classes, you will meet with Career Development to assess your career goals and work with our team to:
- Create career planning and job search strategies
- Develop effective résumés and cover letters
- Polish your social media presence
- Strengthen interviewing skills and build confidence