Solar Energy Technology Diploma
Renewable Energy Training Diploma Program – Prepare For A Solar Energy Career In As Little As Nine Months
Don’t wait any longer. Get training for the fast-growing solar job field.* As a solar energy technician, you could work in a field that is changing how the world generates and consumes energy. Working as a solar installer or solar designer — or in a manufacturing capacity — there are many avenues for your career to take off in the solar industry. Get started in a rewarding career in the sustainable energy field that is projected to grow for years to come.*
What Can You Learn In The Solar Energy Training Program?
Our solar energy training program trains students to install, operate and repair solar systems. Solar courses also include skill development in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing photovoltaic equipment, including how to perform maintenance, repair, or replace solar panel parts to correct problems. Students take a combination of lab and lecture classes to help train for the real world.
Upon successful completion of Ecotech Institute’s Solar Energy Technology diploma program, graduates should also be able to perform diagnostic analysis, demonstrate an understanding of solar energy industry standards and apply safety principles.
This program also prepares students to take the NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioner) certification exam. This certification is the industry standard for entry-level employees to demonstrate they have a basic level of competency for designing and troubleshooting photovoltaic systems.
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Health and Safety in the Field
- AC Circuitry
- Industrial Wiring
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Technical Mathematics for Energy Technology
- Introduction to Photovoltaics
- Photovoltaic Installation and Repair
- Advanced Photovoltaics
- Solar Energy Technologies
I will be working soon for a company in which I know I have chances to grow and go to places and make a difference.
Solar Energy Career Opportunities
A variety of jobs in solar energy are available for those who are trained and have a passion for working in renewable energy. The Solar Energy Technology diploma program at Ecotech Institute prepares graduates for renewable energy jobs that are in high demand and gives them a solid foundation in fundamentals of solar energy technology.
Solar Technician Job Duties
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair photovoltaic equipment
- Maintain, repair or replace parts to correct system malfunctions
- Perform diagnostic analysis
- Apply safety principles
- Perform a site audit and gather requirements for solar design
- Perform other duties as required by your employer
Solar Technology Job Titles
- Solar Installer
- Solar Field Technician
- Solar Power Engineer
- Solar Product Developer
- Solar System Designer
- Solar Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Environmental Solutions Service Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Service Technician
Helping You Find Solar Technician Jobs
Ecotech Institute’s Career Development team has assisted graduates in finding renewable energy jobs with over 130 companies across the United States. As soon as you begin classes, you will meet with Career Development to assess your career goals and work with our team to:
- Create career planning and job search strategies
- Develop effective résumés and cover letters
- Polish your social media presence
- Strengthen interviewing skills and build confidence
* Employment projections for solar photovoltaic installers: 24% growth between 2014-2024, much faster than the average growth rate for all occupations. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Solar Photovoltaic Installers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/solar-photovoltaic-installers.htm (visited June 15, 2017). National long-term projections and salary averages may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual growth or any particular salary.