Thirty-minute webinar will discuss what's missing in the hiring pool for renewable and sustainable industries
January 24, 2014 — Denver, Colo. — On Tuesday, January 28, Ecotech Institute will hold a 30-minute afternoon webinar, "Demand for Skilled Labor," that takes a look at why it's so hard to find employees for positions in renewable and sustainable industries. Other questions the webinar will address include:
- What's missing in the hiring pool for the renewable and sustainable industry today?
- What is skilled labor?
- What soft skills are needed for these jobs?
- What training and hard skills are needed?
Sue Pawlak, Ecotech Institute's Area Director of Career Placement, will host the event. The webinar will be broken up into two parts – a 20-minute presentation, followed by a 10-minute question-and-answer session.
"When I meet with hiring managers I often hear that they need employees who have very specific training in wind and solar, who know the equipment inside and out and they want people who have had hands-on experience," said Pawlak. "If employers don't have to spend a ton of time on training, they'd definitely prefer not to and that's where applicants with skilled labor can really shine."
"Demand for Skilled Labor"
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
3:30 to 4 p.m. Eastern/2:30 to 3 p.m. Central/1:30 to 2 p.m. Mountain/12:30 to 1 p.m. Pacific
Sue Pawlak, Ecotech Institute's Area Director of Career Placement
Spots are limited and will go fast, so sign up today at http://www.ecotechinstitute.com/landings/webinar/.
Ecotech Institute, based in Aurora, Colorado, is the first and only school in the U.S. solely focused on renewable energy training. It offers eight associate's degree programs:
- Solar Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Wind Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Renewable Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Facility Management Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Electrical Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
- Energy Efficiency, Associate of Applied Science
- Power Utility Technician, Associate of Applied Science
- Business Administration – Sustainability, Associate of Applied Science.
For more information on Ecotech Institute, visit http://www.ecotechinstitute.com. You can also follow Ecotech Institute through its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EcotechInstitute and Twitter at https://twitter.com/Ecotech_Inst.
About Ecotech Institute
Ecotech Institute is the first and only college entirely focused on preparing America's workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability and is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges. Launched in April 2010 in Denver, Colorado, it offers eight highly practical renewable energy degree programs that provide graduates with skills valued by today's alternative renewable energy employers. Classes start once per quarter and applications are always accepted. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Ecotech Institute is a division of Education Corporation of America. For more information about Ecotech Institute, visit ecotechinstitute.com or call 877-326-5576.