Walter Christmas, wind energy technology instructor at Ecotech Institute, recently reviewed wind energy jobs in wind turbine manufacturing and remanufacturing for the most recent issue of Wind Systems magazine.
Here are some of the impressive numbers he covers about wind turbine manufacturing jobs:
- Up to 7,000 jobs in Colorado are credited to the wind industry, the vast majority of them in the manufacturing and supply chain sector.
- Vestas Colorado manufacturing facilities employ around 3,000 people.
- Vestas plans to add 600 more Colorado employees for manufacturing.
- More than one quarter of U.S. wind energy jobs are in manufacturing.
- More than 500 supply chain/manufacturing facilities are spread out amongst 43 states.